Sunday 13 October 2013

Getting ready for my first Stampin Up demonstration

Today I committed to creating all the examples for my first workshop and deciding exactly what I was going to do, I have really struggles, as I find it hard to decide what techniques to show, as most of the people coming are not crafters but would like to have a go at making something, so I wanted it to be easy but effective, I also wanted to show the same stamp set and punch being used in different ways.

Here is what I decided on.

This one is using the mosaic madness stamps set an punch, very vanilla card stock, old olive card, and a very small bit of real red.   The Sassy Salutation stamp set, scallop border punch, with real red, old olive and pumpkin pie inks.  I also embossed the actual card and envelope back which I think looks very classy!!


The birthday card is again Mosaic Madness with the flame punched out with the co ordination punch, sassy salutation for the Happy Birthday and again Old Olive and very vanilla card stock. 




This one is the O Holy night stamp which I love, I have used Versamark to emboss on the very vanilla at the top of the card, and the early expresso and real red pens to colour the stamp, again stuck to very vanilla and old olive, with a small splash of real read as that is all I have!!  I have also done a tag using O Holy Night which I will post later.

I want to show in this class that you don't need a lot to start and there is lots that you can do with just a little, If you can only afford a couple of pens and one stamp now actually you can still make something, and it looks good!

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous cards - great for workshops and new crafters. I am sure people will enjoy making these and getting a chance to play with the great products from SU. Good luck for your first workshop. x

    ReplyDelete